A strong and rich stew, ideal for warming the winter dinners
Ingredients for 4 people
- Veal meat (diced) 800g
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 carrots
- Bay leaves
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- Dry white wine
- Vegetable broth
- Extra virgin olive oil (better if Nocellara del Belice PGI)
- Salt and pepper
(1) Marinate the diced veal overnight in a bowl with the following ingredients: a celery stick, half a carrot, a slice of onion, bay leaf, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 glasses of white wine. The following day, separate the veal from the wine and vegetables.
(2) Fry the diced veal in a saucepan with chopped onions and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Brown the meat very well then transfer it (together with the cooking juices) to a deeper pot (good enough for stews).
(3) In the meantime peel and cut in chunks 3 potatoes and 3 carrots.
Add the potatoes and carrots to the pot with the diced veal together with 2 glasses of wine (not the one from the marinade), a lot of broth to cover the meat, salt, pepper and simmer slowly, covered, for about 2 hours.
(4) Remove the meat from the stew and whisk all the sauce. Serve the stew with the sauce hot, with potatoes and carrots chunks.
To garnish your stew, add some chopped parsley on top.