Welcome a winter weekend with a flavoursome and classy recipe, straight from Italian-Piedmontese traditions.
This traditional risotto will delight your palate with its delicate taste and simplicity. Northern Italy cuisine is based on seasonal ingredients carefully picked and selected by the locals, adapting to warm summers and rigid winters.
Truffle risotto 240g
Salt & pepper
Optional: fresh truffle
(1) Melt a knob of butter in a pan (or heat up three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil as an alternative)
(2) Toss in the risotto and toast it for two minutes
(3) Add a glass of white wine to give flavour, stir, then add the broth step by step every time the rice dries up
(4) Keep cooking and adding broth for 15-18 minutes
(5) Once ready, add Parmesan cheese and a knob of butter to make it creamy
(6) Time to dish up. If available, grate some black truffle on your risotto. It will enhance the flavour
We recommend to pair this dish with Nerello Mascalese by Antichi Vinai winery