The risotto with champagne and scampi is one of these recipes, particularly refined and rich, which is not prepared every day and therefore suitable for special occasions.
Ingredients for 4 people
For the risotto
- Carnaroli rice 320 g
- Salt up to taste
- Butter 40 g
- Champagne 375 ml
- Scampi 800 g
- Parsley 1 bunch
- Lemon zest 1
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil Bio about 3 tablespoons
- Salt up to taste
- Scampi (scraps) to taste
- Water 2 l
- Celery 2 ribs
- Leeks 2
- Copper tomatoes 2
- Carrots 1
- Basil 2 sprigs
- Thyme 2 sprigs
(1) To prepare the Champagne Risotto and scampi, start with the vegetables for the broth, coarsely chopped celery, carrot with all the peel, tomatoes and leeks.
(2) Prepare the chopped parsley that you will use to season the prawn tartar. Now clean the prawns, remove the carapace, remove the gut and cut half the prawns into tartar and the rest in half lengthwise .
(3) At this point, heat a drizzle of oil in a pan with high sides and toast the vegetables a few minutes over high heat, add the aromatic herbs the carapaces, chopped tomatoes and cover with cold water. The broth must go at least 30 minutes over medium-low heat, after which you can filter it and keep it warm for cooking the rice.
(4) Season the prawn tartare with lemon zest, parsley, oil salt and pepper, stir and set aside to whisk the rice. In a pan where you will also cook the rice, heat a thread very well and brown the scampi left whole.
(5) Brown them for about 5 minutes without turning them. Remove the prawns and in the same pan, start toasting the rice with a pinch of salt for about 3-4 minutes.
(6) Sprinkle with the champagne, that you will use everything at the beginning by pouring it twice and making it absorb well. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes, sprinkling with the scampi brothas needed. About 3 minutes from the end, add the browned prawns, keeping some aside to garnish the dish.
(7) Off the heat, add the scampi a tartar, butter and pepper, stir in to mix. Serve the risotto garnishing the dish with the remaining browned prawns and the sprigs of oregano.