A modern reinterpretation of a typical recipe from northern Italy. A dish that combines the intense taste of porcini mushrooms with the round flavour of gorgonzola cheese enriched by walnuts.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 180g of Riccioli with porcini mushroom (alternatively you can use tagliatelle)
- 100g of walnut pesto
- Salt and pepper
- 150g of gorgonzola
- 2 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil (recommended Nocellara del Belice PGI)
(1) Add water in a large pot, add 1/2 table spoon of salt and bring it to boil.
(2) Add the gorgonzola in a bowl with a few spoons of boiling water from the pot. With a fork firmly mash it (add few more spoons of hot water if needed).
(3) Once the gorgonzola is creamy add the walnut pesto and mix together with extra virgin olive oil.
(4) Boil the Riccioli pasta for few minutes, drain them and sauté them in a pan with the sauce of gorgonzola and walnut pesto sauce.
Dish up the pasta and garnish with finely chopped parsley.
We recommend to pair this dish with the Cerasuolo di Vittoria Tenuta Bastonaca