Ingredients for 4 people
For the gnocchi
- 250g of ricotta
- 4 tablespoons of Sicilian pistachio pesto
- 30g of Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 150g of 00 flour
- Italian sausage (diced) 100g
- Single cream 100g
- Butter 20g
- Sicilian pistachio pesto 100g
- Pistachios (shelled or grains) 150g
- Extra virgin olive oil (recommended Nocellara del Belice PGI)
- Salt and Pepper To Taste.
(1) In a bowl mix well with a wooden spoon the ricotta, pesto, salt, 1 egg, parmesan and flour, mix well with a wooden spoon until creating a medium-soft dough. (Should the dough be too wet/soft, add more flour to it until happy with the consistency).
Once the dough is ready, set it aside and bring water to the boil in a pot, adding salt.
(2) With the help of two spoons, start taking small quantities of dough (create small oval shapes) and line them up on a chopping board until all the dough is finished. You are making the gnocchi.
(3) In a pan add the butter and 2 chopped sausages, let them brown for a few minutes and make them crispy.
Pour the remaining pistachio pesto in a small bowl and add the single cream to make a fluid delicate cream.
(4) Bring some water to the boil in a pan and add salt.
Toss in the gnocchi and remove them from the heat as soon they come to the surface, drain them immediately. It will take up to a minute. Do not overcook gnocchi otherwise they will easily dissolve in water.
(5) Move the dried gnocchi to the pan with the sausage chunks, add the almond and basil pesto, mix well and serve.
Sprinkle the gnocchi with chopped almonds.