- Yolks 90 g
- Sugar 25 g
- Sweet wine 75 ml
(1) To prepare the zabaione, first place the ice in a bowl and place it in the freezer, in order to have it ready when needed. Then pour the vin santo in a saucepan, add half the sugar and heat it just until it melts. Do not heat the vin santo excessively, otherwise the alcohol will evaporate; we recommend not to exceed 35 °.
(2) Place the egg yolks in a bowl and beat with a whisk add the remaining part of sugar sugar; continue to beat until you get a homogeneous mixture then add a ladle of hot liqueur first to dilute the mixture
(3) Quickly add the remaining part of vin santo, always stirring with a whisk and cook everything in a double boiler, always continuing to beat. Gradually you will notice a thickening of the cream and the foam will tend to disappear.
(4) Beat continuously until it has increased in volume and the temperature has reached 83 °. If you don't have a cooking thermometer, you will realize that the zabaglione is ready when the whisk leaves some grooves and lines form. Furthermore, by lifting the whisk the eggnog will remain inside. Take the bowl of ice from the freezer and place another on top.
(5) Pour the eggnog inside and mix with a spatula gently for a couple of minutes; in this way it will cool down quickly, the air will remain inside but that annoying skin will not form.
The zabaione is ready, serve it in fancy glasses with a cinnamon stick to decorate.