An easy vegetarian dish for broccoli lovers, full of flavours and colours. Ideal for a wknd meal with friends and family
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 large broccoli (or 200g of small broccoli)
- 350g Rigatoni pasta
- 1 shallot
- 8-10 dried tomatoes
- A handful of pitted black olives
- Salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
(2) Cook them in a pan at low heat with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a chopped shallot. Adjust with salt and pepper. Keep the the lid on (you can open it from time to time to check the cooking). Should the broccoli begin to stick to the pan, add a little water and stir well.
(3) Once the broccoli softened, blend them with an immersion blender or in a food processor, then bring them back to the frying pan and add dried tomatoes and chopped black olives. Stir well
(4) Bring a pot of water to the boil, add salt and toss in rigatoni pasta. Cook it al dente, dry it then add it to the pan with the broccoli sauce. Season with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and stir well.
(5) Serve, warm and add some grated Parmesan cheese on top.