A surprisingly tasty recipe for an amazing omelette, enriched by the presence of the pistachio pesto which gives a creamy texture and the extra kick to the flavour.
Ingredients for 2/3 people
- 6 eggs
- 150g of Sicilian pistacchio pesto
- 70g of Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil (recommended Nocellara del Belice PGI)
- A pinch of salt
- Pepper to taste
- Cherry tomatoes (to garnish)
(1) In a bowl put all the eggs and beat them with energy for a minute.
Add the Parmesan and 2 full spoons of the Sicilian pistacchio pesto in a jar.
Add salt and pepper to taste to the well blended mixture.
(2) In a non-stick pan, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and pour in the mixture letting it flow evenly over the surface of the pan. Cook the omelette and wait until it has a uniform color.
(3) When it detaches itself from the bottom of the pan, turn it with the help of a lid or plate. Place one of these two tools on top of the omelette, hold it still with your hand and turn it upside down. Then slide the omelette into the pan so that the other side can also be cooked.
When the omelette is cooked, put it on a serving plate, decorate it with a few basil leaves and halved cherry tomatoes