(1) In a pan heat up 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive, add the chopped asparagus and cook them for 5 minutes adding salt and pepper.
(2) Toss in the risotto and toast it for one or two minutes.
(3) Add a glass of white wine and stir until evaporated. Cook for 15-18 minutes, stirring and adding small amounts of water (or stock) during the cooking.
(4) Reduce the heat and add tablespoons of artichoke paté. To make it even richer add a knob of butter. Stir it for one minute to allow the pesto and the butter to amalgamate with the rice.
(5) Remove the risotto from the fire, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and serve while piping hot.