A perfect dish for all occasions, from dinner for two to evenings with friends, even for the main pumpkin party: Halloween!
Ingredients for 4 people
- Carnaroli rice 240g
- Pumpkin confit 4 tablespoons
- Onion 100g
- Chicken broth 1l
- Parmigiano Reggiano 80g
- Butter 50g
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt up to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil (recommended Bio PGI)
(1) Prepare the chicken broth.
(2) Finely chop the onion and place it in a large pan in which you have heated the oil. Let the onion fry over a very low heat for about 5 minutes, at which point add the rice to toast it
(3) Toast the rice over medium heat until it becomes darker, turning it often so as not to overcook it. It will take 2-3 minutes. Then add the broth and mix immediately to avoid sticking.
(4) As soon as the risotto begins to dry, add a ladle of hot broth, and continue gradually adding the next one only when the previous one has been absorbed, until the right degree of cooking is reached. It will take 15-20 minutes depending on the rice used. Towards the end of cooking, season with pepper and salt.
(5) Finally, with the heat off, add in the butter together with the confit and the grated Parmesan. Stir carefully, then add a final ladle of broth if you prefer a creamier risotto.
(6) Leave to set for a minute before serving, garnish the dish with a sage leaf and some pumpkin seeds.