A gourmet salad, a sophisticated recipes for a mix of flavours that perfectly combine together in an amazing and colourful dish.
- Walnut pesto 80g
- Rocket salad 80g
- Mozzarella balls 100g
- Pre-cooked sweet potatoes 200g
- Bread 25g
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons (recommended Siciliano PGI)
- Dry chili pepper 1
- Cashew nuts 30g
- Shelled walnuts 30g
- Dijon mustard 2 tbsp
- Orange blossom honey 1 tbsp
- ½ lemon juice
(1) To prepare the chestnut salad, start with the croutons: slice the bread in small cubes. Heat the bread cubes in a pan with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until light-brown.
Add to the croutons the crumbled chili pepper and toast for a few more minutes, stirring occasionally. Once ready, keep them aside.
(2) In the same pan, add another spoonful of extra virgin olive oil and dip in the pre-cooked sweet potatoes.
Let them toast for 4-5 minutes until brown then, still warm, mix them with the walnut pesto.
(3) Prepare the dressing for the salad. Pour the lemon juice into a mixing bowl together with the mustard beans and orange blossom honey and mix everything to create a dressing.
(4) Wash and dry the rocket salad. Move the salad into a bowl, add the croutons, mozzarella balls, sweet potatoes, cashew nuts, walnuts and finally the dressing. Mix well.
You can serve the salad adding edible flowers on top to garnish, it will give a fresh and colourful touch.