If you want a lighter dish with the arrival of summer, here is a fresh one, flavoured with the strong taste of pesto.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 300g of pearled spelt
- 150g of Mediterranean Pesto
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- Feta cheese shaves
- A bunch of rocket or arugula
- 8-10 green pitted olives
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (recommended Bio PGI)
(1) Rinse the pearled spelt and boil it in plenty of salted water for up to 45 minutes. Once ready, drain it and let it cool in a bowl. Season it with the Mediterranean Pesto mixing it well in a hot pan for a couple of minutes.
Move the saucy spelt back to the bowl.
(2) Add to the bowl the following ingredients: cherry tomatoes washed and halved, shaves of feta, pitted green olives chopped.
(3) Finally, wash and dry the arugula (or rocket) and place it at the bottom of the serving dish making sure it covers all the sides. Pour in the mix of spelt, cherry tomatoes, feta and chopped olives.
Season with salt and pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
Serve the salad with Mediterranean Pesto at room temperature.