A light, fresh and healthy summer recipe. The wild fennel pesto perfectly pair the taste of the tuna creating a delicate and at the same time sophisticated combination of flavours.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 180g of Farfalle
- 250g of tuna (canned)
- 120g of Sicilian Pesto
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (better if Nocellara Etnea extra virgin olive oil)
- Pinch of salt
(1) Bring water to the boil in a large pot, add salt and farfalle pasta to it.
(2) In the meantime, prepare the dressing in a large enough salad bowl:
wash and cut the cherry tomatoes, drain and mash the tuna, chop the basil leaves, add extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, then mix well.
(3) Drain the pasta "al dente" and put it back in the pot with a dash of extra virgin olive oil to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pot (as it is still very hot). Add the Sicilian pesto and stir it well.
(4) Pour the saucy pasta into the salad bowl with the dressing, mix all together and leave it to rest in the refrigerator for at least 3/4 hours.
Your pasta salad is ready to be served.
When dished up, add some little cucumber slices, whole basil leaves to garnish and drizzle extra virgin olive oil on it.